IMPORTANT NOTICE & UPDATE FOR EMAIL/HOSTING CLIENTS
For security reasons Email settings in your mail client will need to be changed to connect via SSL.
NOTE: You may also use webmail from any location or device using www.[yourdomain.com]/webmail
- Click File, then Account Settings. Note: Older version may need to click Tools menu, then Account Settings.
- Select the email account, then click Change.
- Click More Settings.
- Click Advanced Tab.
- Incoming Server box, replace the current number with 995
- On the line directly beneath "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)" Check the box.
- Outgoing Server box, replace the current number with 465
- On the line directly beneath "Use the following type of encrypted connection" Select SSL
- Click OK
- Click Next, then Finish
MAC Mail Settings
- In the Mail app on your Mac, choose Mail > Preferences, click Accounts, then select an account.
- Click Server Settings, then click Manage Incoming Servers.
- Click a server in the list, click Advanced, then select Use SSL.
- Click Save
- Repeat this process for Outgoing Mail Servers.
- Click Save, then close Mail preferences.
- Click Save in the message that appears.
PLEASE NOTE: Email software versions screens may differ slightly but the SSL settings will need to be the same.
Port 995 (select SSL Option)
Port 465 (select SSL Option)